Like with any business, you’ll run into challenges while trying to expand your HVAC company, but you should never stop trying.
In this article, I will share with you the following aspects to help you grow your HVAC business fast in 2021.
- How to increase your productivity
- How to keep up with the HVAC trends.
Sounds good? Great, let’s get straight into it:
How to Increase The Productivity Of Your HVAC Business
Increasing the productivity of your HVAC company to accommodate for the rising demand of your business is vital for growth.
But how do you do this?
Now, it’s not going to be an easy task by any stretch of the imagination, but by following these simple tips, you can get a head start:
Organize Your Parts And Equipment
One of the best ways to increase the productivity of your workers is to organize all the trucks in the same way. If your employees are constantly hunting for parts or tools, it will slow the whole job down.
So how do you do this?
Well, it’s not as complicated as it may seem, here are a few ways you can do that:
- Regularly review your inventory
- Use runners to transport goods when needed
- Evaluate how your parts are laid out in the warehouse
- Reorganize your shelves so your most-used parts are in the most accessible place
Just these four simple tips can significantly improve your business’s productivity and make your employees’ lives more manageable.
Let Technology Do The Hard Work For You
With technology constantly improving, it makes sense to let it do the hard work for you. To give you the best chance of success, you should take full advantage of the technology available to you.
For example, to move heavy duty cargo upstairs, you can use the motorized stair climbers which can avoid the akward work and back injuries.
You can also use technology for things like:
- Dispatching goods
- Customer relationship management
- Stock management tools
Whatever software you choose for your business, you need to ensure that it’s easy to learn and use. No matter how good the software is, it won’t increase your productivity if it’s hard to integrate.
Keep Up to Date With New Equipment
Getting a job done quickly is made so much harder when you don’t have the right tools for the job or you’re slightly behind the times.
The thing is:
HVAC tools are constantly adapting and changing with time. If you want to increase the productivity of your techs, make sure you have up-to-date equipment.
An excellent example of new pieces of equipment that boost productivity is a self-propelled crane and the semi-automatic stacker.
The selft-propelled crane is powerful enough to lift heavy HVAC units into the air while being small enough to maneuver tight areas.
The semi-automatic stacker can lift heavy duty cargo to the same height with your hands automatically without bending your back.
To make things better:
It’s also designed not to damage people’s lawn while transporting it through the premises.
As you can imagine, this will save your techs a lot of hard work trying to maneuver heavy HVAC systems by taking a load off.
Get Your Tasks In Order
For any business to succeed, all of the tasks need to be organized to the highest standard. The thing you need to remember is not all jobs are equal, so knowing what you prioritize is essential.
The easiest way to prioritize your tasks is by assigning them on a scale of 1-5; anything with number one needs to be taken care of straight away.
By doing this, you ensure all your essential tasks never get left behind. An important thing to note is scheduling a maintenance day is vital. On this day, you can take care of all the smaller tasks that are less important but still need working on.
Templates Can Be Your Best Friend
Why make life more complicated by writing everything out new when you can use templates?
Here’s the thing:
You don’t just have to use templates for forms like invoices and orders. You can also use templates for:
- Thank you letters
- Email marketing
- And much more
By using templates, you can increase the office’s productivity ten folds. So, why work harder when you can work smarter?
Improve The Culture Of Your Company
This has to be one of the most critical factors to help boost productivity in your company.
To improve the culture of your HVAC business, you need to create a pleasant atmosphere where your employees are actually happy to come to work.
The happier people are to work for you; the more productive they will be. If you’re not sure how the atmosphere is at work, you can create an anonymous survey to see what they think of the job.
And if you’re looking for ways to make people happier at work, here’s a few ideas to try out:
- Launch team building activities
- Create events
- Reward people hard work
One of the best things about having a happy workplace is you usually have satisfied customers, which means more referrals and more money.
How to Keep Up To Date With Trends
With up to date practice by following the trends, you will get more new customers from your marketing compaign while improve your productivity is to get more repeated customers.
Unfortunately, a lot of HVAC businesses don’t know how to implement standard marketing practices correctly. Most of the smaller enterprises put magnet signs on their van and hope word of mouth will bring business.
Unfortunately, this method of marketing can take decades for it to “possibly take off.”
Now don’t worry; you won’t need an entire marketing team; there are a few things you can do yourself that will significantly improve your HVAC business.
Make Yourself Known – Having your company name on the truck doesn’t do much to make you stand out and be seen. So, the trick here is to make sure your company can easily be found. You can do this by adding yourself to Google Maps and local directories.
Make The Most Out Of Referrals – Referrals can work magic for marketing your business. Make it a company policy to ask for referrals or start a program. This could be things like rewarding customers with complementary services or gift cards for them passing over your information.
Make A Website – If you don’t have a website in this day and age, you’re asking for trouble. It doesn’t have to start as a big fancy website; you just need something that shows your online presence.
A simple website that can easily be navigated and includes up-to-date information is perfect. Include things like company descriptions, testimonials, and a contact form.
If you want more information about websites, don’t go anywhere, we’re about to give you a quick rundown.
Making Your Website Work For You
Okay, I mentioned having a website is a great marketing tool and that it doesn’t have to be anything fancy, which is all true…
But there are a few things your website must have if you want your HVAC company to improve:
- Use A Relevant Domain Name – If a domain name has already been registered to someone else, you need to try and find something similar. The best domain names are easy to remember, so keep that in mind when choosing.
- Make Sure The Pages Are Easy To Navigate – If your HVAC website is hard to navigate or struggle to find the information they need, it will turn the client off. Ideally, they should be able to scan your Homepage to find the information they need. This could be things like emergency contact numbers or after service hours. Think like a customer; what information might they be looking for?
- Have A Compelling Company Description – Your customers want to know exactly what you’re about as a company and what you offer. They want someone they can trust, so tell them why they can trust you.
- Have Up to Date Contact Information – If your clients can’t reach you, it will give you problems. Make sure you have an address, phone number, email, and links to your social media. This helps your clients and allows Google to recognize you as a real business, which is excellent for SEO (more on that later).
- Use Testimonials To Your Advantage – This helps build more trust with clients; they can hear from people who have hired you previously and see what they thought. Don’t be sacred to showcase mediocre reviews; it shows you’re an honest company… no one is perfect after all.
- Call-To-Action And Lead Forms – If you’ve got all the information your client needs to trust you, the next step is getting them to hire you. So make it easy for them to do that by providing a call-to-action and tell them what to do next.
- Use SEO (Search Engine Optimization) – Nothing will improve your HVAC website, quite like implementing SEO practices into your website. As mentioned earlier, visabitly is vital, and SEO gives you an outstanding online presence.
Hopefully, these tips will help you take your HVAC business to the next level. Most of the things might seem simple, but it’s incredible how many people neglect them.
To recap, make sure you improve the productivity of your business, keep up to date with marketing and make the perfect website.
Now if you are going to grow your HVAC business, what will you do? Using the new equipment to improve your work effiency of your labor force? Or improve your marketing skills to get more customers?
Either way, let me know by leaving a comment below right now.